PLANNING YOUR DREAM TRIP DURING COVID-19 AND FAQ
Updated Oct 21,2020
Covid-19 has drastically altered life and travel throughout the world. We, like most of you, are staying closer to home and counting down the days until we can get back out there and visit the places we love. We are awaiting the chance to help connect you to the world, to other travelers, and to the hosts who are awaiting your arrival.
Even as some local and state governments begin to relax strict shelter-in-place orders, flying international and traveling outside the U.S. will be limited for some months ahead into next year. And while the world waits for conditions to improve, many countries are preparing to open their doors to tourism as soon as conditions are deemed safe for residents and visitors to move about. Here are some FA Q below to help you decide when you should start planning your next trip.
IS TLA OPEN AND TAKING RESERVATIONS?
Yes we are open. However due to many various travel restrictions in the places we work, this is presenting some issues with allowing people to be able to fly to these places. This is a continuously changing situation, so we recommend you stay tuned to our social feeds and check the latest travel restrictions.
We are currently taking reservations and bookings for 2021 in the hope that international travel will begin to become available in the Spring.
WHAT IS TLA’S CANCELLATION POLICY?
See outlined version above.
Reservation and Payment Policy
TLA requires a USD $700.00 reservation deposit per person to hold your reservation for your desired dates, and the place you want to visit. The deposit is credited to the total amount of your travel experience.
Remaining amount of the trip is to be paid in full no less than 30 days prior to your arrival date.
For travel reservations made less than 30 days prior to your arrival date, they must be paid in full immediately upon notification that your reservation has been confirmed and reception of invoice from TLA.
- Deposits are non-refundable once paid but can be transferred to later date if trip is cancelled by the client
- Deposits are typically good for 1 year after the cancelled or changed trip was to take place
- For full trip payments, if travel is cancelled by the client less than 30 days prior to arrival date there will be no refund of payment or deposit
- Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
- If the trip is cancelled or changed due to Coivd-19, deposits will be good in perpetuity for future travel, but are still non-refundable
- If Covid-19 impacts travel within 30 days of the trip, the entire amount paid can be applied to future travel in perpetuity
IS TLA REVOKING ITS CANCELLATION POLICY DUE TO COVID-19?
No. However, should you be unable to visit due to a Covid-related emergency, the “Covid-19 Cancellation Policy” above will apply.
SHOULD I PURCHASE TRAVEL INSURANCE?
Yes we recommend that you purchase travel insurance no matter your intended activity. For some of our trips we require travel insurance to participate in your adventure such as trekking, climbing, or water sport. We recommend that everyone purchase travel insurance normally, but especially now because of Covid-19.
We suggest World Nomads.