As with any and all itineraries and experiences, we will customize your trip for what fits your wants and needs. The below itineraries are just samples and will be modified to make your unique trip everything you are looking for.
Ready to build your Travel Life Adventure! Shoot us a message and let us know how we can help you build your lifetime of adventures.
There are scarce few truly Wild places left on Earth. In our world where degradation and extraction parade as progress, Patagonia stands almost alone in what it asks of its visitors. To truly experience the beauty and awe of this place you must be willing to work for it. This region is also ground zero in the battle for our natural wonders, as privatization and resource collection threaten the very life-blood of not only Patagonia, but our world. A trip here means adventure in its simplest form. It also means you will go home transformed, transfixed, and truly changed, body and soul.
- Mountain Trekking: From the far southern reaches of Tierra del Fuego to the towering granite spires of Torres del Paine, the Patagonian wilderness holds secrets and beauty beyond belief. Let us help you explore this truly wild place. Whether you are a seasoned climber or a weekend warrior we can custom make a trip into the mountains that will leave you wanting more.
- Waterway Explorations: Patagonia is home to world class boating of all kinds. From long, rugged sea-kayak trips to adrenaline pumping whitewater rafting, if aquatic adventures are your vice we got you covered.
- Fly Fishing: Even the notoriously unpredictable and unforgiving Patagonia weather won’t stop this activity. In fact, harsh weather often makes for better fishing conditions. We can arrange a fishing adventure you won’t soon forget, with a cultural twist that makes this excursion truly unique.
The Travel Life Adventures Forest. As part of our goal as a social business every excursion that involves activities in and around the region of Patagonia will do something to help preserve this immense and wild landscape. We have partnered with Reforest Patagonia to create sustainable forests in the region. With your help we can make the TLA Forest the next big thing! Check out the Community Leaders page for more information.
In the far southern reaches of Chile, on the bottom of the Earth, an ancient way of life persists amongst the mountains and lakes and harsh conditions. The term Gaucho describes a “cowboy” of the South American continent. They’re livestock farmers, often migratory, and have made their way of life in the Patagonian Region for hundreds of years. Typically of Spanish and Indigenous decent, these are rugged people who love to work and love to share their way of life
- Cattle; The Life-blood of The Gaucho: Learn the cattle trade and what it takes to make a life in an ancient and difficult industry. You will learn from the people who know it best how to work a herd of cattle. On horseback you will assist in rounding up the cattle and tagging them for inventory.
- In Search Of the Condor: Following an old path laid by the forefathers of the Estancia, you will cross lush forest rich with birds and flora to arrive to Cerro Mirador. This is a traditional nesting site for the South American Condor. If good luck is with you there will be nesting birds which you can observe up close and learn about their life from knowledgeable guides.
- Hiking and Trekking: Move through the amazing and rugged landscape surrounding the ranch as you view towering mountains, crashing waterfalls, and learn about the local flora and fauna. All lead by Gaucho guides who will teach you the ways of their ancestors.
For a taste of the opportunities that abound, view a sample itinerary here.
Special Gaucho Led Trek
If you would like to experience the mountains of Patagonia, we have a special trekking and camping excursion for those comfortable being in the mountains. This 4 day, 3 night adventure will take you to Moore Monument Hill and the Ultima Esperanza.
This special program has been designed for hikers with experience on routes with inclines of more than 45 degrees . The hike climbs up to 1500 meters and goes through some pristine areas including forests of Lenga and Coigüe Beech trees. We will cross rivers, peat bogs, rocky ledges, and snow before panoramic views of the Antonio Varas Peninsula. The hike offers great chances to observe the flora and fauna found in the area.
Your guides for this trek will be Gauchos from Estancia Mercedes, which is the jumpoff point for this amazing excursion.
Puerto Williams Culture and Adventure
Chile is truly one of the most amazing places on earth: a long country with soaring mountains, gigantic glaciers, one of the driest desserts on earth, a culture and history that goes back centuries. Chile will draw you in with its rugged beauty and the smiles and warmth of its people.
On this rare adventure you will learn about the Yagan people, their culture, and their history while exploring the beautiful town of Puerto Williams. The Yagan people are one of the many indigenous groups of the Southern Chile. They are regarded as the southernmost people of the world and have inhabited these lands for over 10,000 years. This is a unique experience at the bottom of the world that will stay with you for a lifetime.
This is a true cultural immersion where the only goal is for you to connect with amazing people in an amazingly beautiful setting. View a sample itinerary here.