As with any and all itineraries and experiences, we will customize your trip for what fits your wants and needs. The below itineraries are just samples and will be modified to make your unique trip everything you are looking for.
Sherpa Culture Immersion
Get in touch with the rich and ancient history of the Sherpa people. Descendants of ancestors who made the pilgrimage over the Himalaya from Tibet, the Sherpa people are so much more than just mountain workers. In these experiences you will immerse yourself with the Sherpa people while sharing with them where you come from and who you are. Sample activities include:
- Sherpa Village Homestay. Here you will get a first hand glimpse into Sherpa life as you make home in the traditional Sherpa village of Sibuje. This is the home of our head Nepal guide Karma Sherpa. You will get an intimate experience with him and his family when you include this experience in your trip
- Buddhist Monastery Experience. Engage in Tibetan Buddhist meditation and ceremonial experiences. Learn about the Buddhist tradition and how it shapes modern life for the Sherpa people. Even spend the night in a working Monastery.
- Khumbu Sherpa History. The Sherpa People call Mt. Everest, Chomolungma, which literally translates to “The place which no bird can fly over.” They consider the mountain a deity and the mother of the Earth. Learn about the Sherpa people’s connection to this amazing place as you gaze at the world’s highest peaks.
- Community partnerships. We are partnered with our head local guide Karma Sherpa and his organization, The Karma Project, to help build community focused tourism in the region. As a social business, 30% of our revenues go directly back to communities we travel in as well as our base goal of directing at least 50% of dollars spent every client trip directly into local goods and services provided by the people in our partner communities. You can read more about Karma in the Community Leaders section.
We can custom make your Sherpa cultural immersion and combine it with adventure activities in the region. View a sample itinerary here.
Nepal is home to 8 of the 10 highest peaks in the world. You would do yourself a disservice if you missed out on seeing some of them. We can custom make itineraries to experience many of the peaks no matter your skill level. From technical climbing to hiking and teahouse trekking. We work with only local based, responsible guide services to provide unique and exciting adventures. Samples include:
- Gokyo Lakes and Four Pass Trekking
- Namche Bazaar and Everest Panorama
- Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake and Thorang La Pass
- Technical climbs such as Mera Peak, Island Peak, Amadablam, and Lobuche Peak
We can custom pair these activities with a community based cultural experience to give you the broadest experience of what Nepal has to offer. View a sample itinerary here.
Valley Life and Adventure Sports
Nepal is one of the most bio-diverse places in the world boasting the world’s highest mountain, the world’s highest lake, high deserts, and even a rain forest jungle. The Kathmandu Valley is an adventure all its own. There are many ways to experience it:
- Lakeside Pokhara and Paragliding of Phewa Lake
- Jungle trekking with local indigenous people
- Rock climbing just a few hours from Kathmandu
- White water rafting in pristine jungle canyons
Add on a few days after your main excursion to unwind, wind up, or relax in the many diverse landscapes of the Kathmandu Valley.